Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostics > USA Cars > Autel, FIX PIN CODE READ OF GM CARS!!!!
Autel, FIX PIN CODE READ OF GM CARS!!!!

1523 Views 8 Replies Latest reply: 2019-09-11 16:25:15

•   Level 4   
    (155) points
    MexiCANBoi2020
    2019-07-29 16:32:49
     Why would you sell a key programmer that cost over 3k and not have the simple ability to read PIN codes off American Cars? Some chrysler you can't read the PIN as well. Is there anyone trying to fix this? the XTool can read PIN codes off GM/Chevy/Cadillac/etc but not your tool? And your tool cost double what theirs cost. Pleas fix this! I purchase this tool bc I though american cars would be easy to do, but it's easier to do european cars than american cars. Thanks. 

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-07-30 11:33:16 (Reply to:MexiCANBoi2020)

Hi Mexi,
    I'm curious, under what conditions do you need GM PIN codes? I program keys for GM
    all the time and never needed PIN codes. Your not talking about key codes are you?

•   Level 4   
    (155) points
    MexiCANBoi2020
    2019-07-31 15:46:59 (Reply to:Kevin H)
       For newer models, GM has decided to go the route of PIN codes to program keys to their cars. Ford went the route of requiring LSID credentials to be able to program keys. While Chrysler went with their famous Security Gateway Module to stop anyone from accessing the security protocols. You can youtube videos of newer GM cars and see that they require PIN codes before you can add or erase all prox keys. Not sure about turn style type keys, but prox require PIN codes. Older models require no such thing. But I have seen a few 3rd party tools that can pull the PIN off GM cars, that cost less than Autel's tools. So I'm angry that their tool cost twice the amount as those other tools and can't do something basic as pull PIN codes off GM cars or Chrysler's. And no, I'm not talking about Key codes which is the shape of the key or mechanical key code which is what they call that for BMW cars. 

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-07-31 21:31:02 (Reply to:MexiCANBoi2020)

I have not programmed any newer GM's. I have the IM608. I'm going to check and see
    if it pulls GM PINS. I'll bet it does.
    I think the reason that the 908P does not pull pins is the price of updates would be
    getting too high.
    I have to decide if I want to pay for updates on both tools. As far as I could tell, the
    only thing that is missing from the IM 608 that the 908P has is programming of the
    European cars.
    So if I update the 908P, the only thing that I'm getting is the ability to flash some
    BMW's, Mercedes, VW's and Audi's.
    I'm checking the function viewer now to see if the IM608 pulls GM PINs.
    It says 2014 and up Impala, password reading for blade keys and smart keys. Autel
    will say if you want to program keys, purchase the IM608. I would be surprised if they
    added that function to any other tool that they have.

•   Level 4   
    (155) points
    MexiCANBoi2020
    2019-08-01 14:28:30 (Reply to:Kevin H)
      I hear ya. Sorry if I didn't explain myself properly, just mad about the situation. So yes, the option is on my tool as well, I have the IM508. The tool has the same programs as the IM608, but the more expensive one is easier to navigate, has more options to program eeprom and comes with a different key tool. But the software is exactly the same. The immo software that is. As far as I can tell, the IM608 is an all around great tool. In the diagnostic side, the more expensive one has more options for coding or resetting than the 508. But I'm ok with that since I have other tools for that. The problem is, the option is there to read the PIN but it fails to read it. You can see a few videos on youtube showing this. They are even using the 608 and not 508 like I have. So the tools are not the problem, it's the software. But, if you get a GM, give it a shot and let me know. Ot would suck that you have to buy the expensive one to pull PIN codes. For that I would've gone with another tool. Cheaper and there's videos that show it works. Thanks

•   Level 1   
    (6) points

2019-09-10 02:07:49

002202809233 Mame Baye niang

•   Level 7   
    (1473) points
    Kevin H

2019-09-10 21:22:30 (Reply to:MexiCANBoi2020)

Thanks Mexi,
    I'll let you know if i get a newer GM to program keys. I hope they fix it soon!

•   Level 4   
    (155) points
    MexiCANBoi2020
    2019-09-11 14:44:21 (Reply to:Kevin H)
    So it does read PIN's for newer models. But it's hella confusing. I had a 2015 GMC Yukon, after manually trying every option to read the PIN, one finally did. After that, it wouldn't read the PIN anymore. Tried it 7 times, then it gave me the PIN again. Didn't program anything, but it worked. Screenshot it and saved it. Automatic function is crap. I always have to manually look for the immo version. Hope they fix this as well. But for now, I was able to read the PIN. :)

•   Level 9   
    (5837) points
    Ashraf

2019-09-11 16:25:15 (Reply to:MexiCANBoi2020)

Your best bit would be if you send them the log files so they can see where and what is the problem why it could not read the pin code so, they can fix the bug in next updates........
  Total1 Pages